‘Discovery’ named as their third annual scent
The Yankee Candle Scent of the Year brings together a combination of fragrances from around the globe, aiming to ignite renewed feelings of discovery, energy, connection, and desire to fully embrace new experiences and cultures.
‘Working closely with fragrance and trend experts, we found that people around the globe are craving travel and exploration now, more than ever before,’ said Anna Whitton, VP of Marketing for Yankee Candle Company. ‘Knowing that travel may still be out of reach for many this year, the 2021 Scent of the Year, Discovery, was designed to help people fulfill the universal desire to discover new cultures, make new memories, and embrace new connections from the comforts of their own homes.’
Discovery brings home scents from around the globe, transporting people to new cultures, whether it be through food, fashion, or décor. Making its debut in Yankee Candle’s new Signature Collection Large Tumbler, the candle is wrapped in a boldly colored, Moroccan-inspired pattern that provides a luminary effect when lit.
The Yankee Candle 2021 Scent of the Year, Discovery, blends a complex and delicious number of fruits and spices including:
- Red Ginger: Adding freshness, zest, and a punch of color, the exotic spice evokes inspiration for our next culinary dish.
- Starfruit: Bringing us further into the depths of the Caribbean islands and tropical jungles, this sweet fruit is the heart and body of Discovery, awakening all our senses and inspirations for the future.
- Mango: A juicy, rich blend of sweet and fruity notes reignite our hopes and passions, reminding us that adventure is just around the corner.
- Passion Fruit: Hints of tart and sweet combine to create an exotic, fruity scent, inspiring us to plan our next vacation.
- Vanilla Spice: Uplifting us for the upcoming spring season, this warm, sweet spice brings comfort and serenity to our home.